No Beginning / Nature
1-Maiko Tomitae (Source)
2-Maiko Katsuru (Source)
3-Geiko Umeshizu is a assistant and geiko Umeha is a hote during a tea ceremony (Source)
4-Maiko Katsumi, she is retired now (Source)
5-Retired maiko Satoryu (Source)
6-Geiko Masayo on the back and geiko Tsunemomo dancing (Source)
7-Maiko Kanoyumi (Source)
8-Geiko Ayano of Pontocho (Source)
9-Geiko Mao looks a little fake maiko girl (Source)
10-Geiko Katsugiku (Source)
Que genial, imagínense ahí.
Close-ups of butterfly wing scales! You should definitely click on these images to get the full detail.
I’ve paired each amazing close-up (by macro photographer Linden Gledhill) with an image of the corresponding butterfly or moth. The featured lepidoptera* are (in order of appearance):
- Madagascar diadem Hypolimnas dexithea (photo by Michel-Georges Bernard)
- Comet moth Argema mittrei (photo by Axel Strauß)
- Sunset moth Chrysiridia rhipheus (photo from Wikimedia Commons)
- Giant Blue Morpho Morpho didius (photo by Didier Descouens, Muséum de Toulouse)
- Rippon’s Birdwing Troides hypolitus (photo by Robert Nash, Ulster Museum)
*Lepidoptera (the scientific order that includes moths and butterflies) means “scaly wing.” The scales get their color not from pigment - but from microscopic structures that manipulate light.
Hermosa Caligrafia *LOL
Let it go